SIU Campus Map and Reusable Framework
The purpose of this project is to develop reusable framework for quick and easy development of mobile apps that associate a location with information about that location—and then give that location and information relevance to the “user.”
- Identify a location.
- Ties a description to the location.
- Reveals itself when you are at the location.
- Provides a map between locations in a given radius (like a building, campus, or town).
- Has associated QR codes at the location that can be scanned and bring up the description.
- Throws an alert if I am near a location identified in the app.
- Suggests that marked locations are nearby (if you are in the vicinity).
- Provides directions to the place.
- Categorizes like items by locale (large like a city or small like a building or a file cabinet).
- Registers that the user was in that place on a given date/time.
To properly develop the framework, an interactive campus map for SIU will be actively developed along the way. Possible functionalities will be postable and commentable study spots, computer labs, eating spots, club meetings, etc. More and more functionality and ideas will be implemented as the framework grows and matures.
For a more formal description click here.