I currently work on various Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) related topics.
Specifically, I study to propose network defense mechanisms relying on network virtualization and SDN.
I am also interested in broad range of network security problems. I am open to any research ideas within these areas.
1. I. Roy, S. Kaluvakuri, K. Maddali, A. Aydeger, B. Gupta, N. Debnath, "Capacity Constrained Broadcast and Multicast Protocols for Clusters in a Pyramid Tree-based Structured P2P Network" in the International Journal for Computers & Their Applications 2021, Vol. 28(3).
2. A. Aydeger, M. Hossein, M. A. Rahman, and. K. Akkaya, "Strategic Defense against Stealthy Link Flooding Attacks: A Signaling Game Approach", IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering 2021, 8(1), 751-764.
3. A. Aydeger, N. Saputro and K. Akkaya, "A Moving Target Defense and Network Forensics Framework for ISP Networks using SDN and NFV", in Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol. 94, pp. 496-509, 2019.
4. A. Aydeger, N. Saputro, K. Akkaya and A. Uluagac, "SDN-enabled recovery for Smart Grid teleprotection applications in post-disaster scenarios", in Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol. 138, pp. 39-50, 2019.
1. S. Pazouki and A. Aydeger, "Securing International Space Station Against Recent Cyber Threats", in the Springer International Congress on Information and Com- munication Technology (ICICT), (To Appear).
2. S. Pazouki, A. Aydeger, and S. M. Kazemi-Razi, \False Data Injection Cyberat- tacks to Human Brain Implants' Power Source", in the IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Energy Technologies (ICECET), (To Appear).
3. J. V. Leon, O. G. Bautista, A. Aydeger, S. Mercan, and K. Akkaya, "A General and Practical Framework for Realization of SDN-based Vehicular Networks", in the IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), (To Appear).
4. A. Aydeger, N. Saputro, K. Akkaya, "Cloud-based Deception against Network Reconnaissance Attacks using SDN and NFV", in the IEEE Local Computer Networks (LCN'20), pp. 279-285, Nov. 2020.
5. A. Aydeger, N. Saputro, K. Akkaya, "Utilizing NFV for Effective Moving Target Defense against Link Flooding Reconnaissance Attacks", in the Proceedings of Military Communications (Milcom), Los Angeles, FL, Oct. 2018.
6. A. Aydeger, N. Saputro, K. Akkaya, "Assessing the Overhead of Authentication during SDN-Enabled Restoration of Smart Grid Inter-substation Communications", in the Proceedings of Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, NV, Jan. 2018.
7. A. Aydeger, N. Saputro, K. Akkaya, and M. Rahman. "Mitigating Crossfire Attacks Using SDN-Based Moving Target Defense" in Local Computer Networks (LCN), 2016 IEEE 41st Conference on, pp. 627-630. IEEE, 2016.
8. A. Aydeger, K. Akkaya, M. Cintuglu, A. Uluagac and O. Mohammed "Software Defined Networking for Resilient Communications in Smart Grid Active Distribution Networks", in the Proceedings IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC'16), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016
9. A. Aydeger, K. Akkaya, and A. Uluagac "SDN-based Resilience in Smart Grid", in the Proceedings of IEEE NFV&SDN Conference Demos 2015, San Francisco, CA, Nov. 2015.
10. K. Akkaya, A. S. Uluagac and A. Aydeger "Software Defined Networking for Wireless Local Networks in Smart Grid", in the Proceedings of IEEE Local Computer Networks Workshops 2015, Clearwater, FL, Oct. 2015.
11. A. Aydeger, E. Ghaleb, S. Oktug. "Telsiz Duyarga Aglar icin Enerji Verimli Bir Yonlendirme Teknigi ve Gerceklemesi (An energy efficient routing technique and implementation in WSNs)" in SIU 2014, Trabzon, Turkey, Apr 2014.
1. N. Saputro, S. Tonyali, A. Aydeger, K. Akkaya, M. Rahman, and S. Uluagac, "A Review of Moving Target Defense Mechanisms for Internet of Thing", Book Chapter in Modeling and Design of Secure Internet of Things, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2020.
2. K. Akkaya, A. Uluagac, A. Aydeger and A. Mohan, "Secure Software-Defined Networking Architectures for the Smart Grid", Book Chapter in Smart Grid: Networking, Data Management, and Business Models (2017), edited by H. Mouftah.